FRANK D. TAFF, J.D., Attorney at Law - 3601 SW 29th Street, Topeka, Kansas 66614
My Blog

What Are Bankruptcy Exemptions?

YOUR HOME
The Kansas homestead exemption protects the equity in your home or principal residence. You can protect the entire value of the real property or mobile home that you occupy, if it is one acre or less within the city limits or 160 acres or less of farm land. K.S.A. 60-2301, Kansas Constitution Article 15 § 9

YOUR LIFE INSURANCE
Life insurance proceeds, if you file bankruptcy more than a year after the policy went into effect. K.S.A. 40-414 and 60-2313(a)(7).  Fraternal society benefits are also exempt BY K.S.A.  60-2313(a)(8)

YOUR MOTOR VEHICLE
You can protect up to $20,000 of equity in a motor vehicle that you regularly use to get to and from work. If the vehicle is equipped to assist with a disability, you can protect the full, unlimited value of the vehicle. K.S.A. 60-2304(c)

YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY
Furnishings, clothing, earned income tax credits, and supplies, including food and fuel in your possession and reasonably necessary at your residence for up to one year is exempt, along with your jewelry with a value of $1,000 or less per person.  A burial plot or crypt is also exempt.   K. S.A. 60-2304

YOUR PENSION MONEY
Pension, Retirement, and Life Insurance Benefits: ERISA-qualified benefits, IRAs and Roth IRAs and federal government pension needed for support & paid within 3 months prior to filing bankruptcy are exempt. K.S.A. § 60-2308  Payments under a stock bonus, pension, profit-sharing, annuity, or similar plan or contract on account of illness, disability, death, age, or length of service, to the extent reasonably necessary for support are exempt. K.S.A. 60-2312

PUBLIC BENEFITS
Earned income tax credits are exempt. K.S.A. 60-2315

YOUR WAGES THAT ARE DUE AND OWING
75% of disposable earnings or 30 times the federal minimum wage, whichever is greater, is exempt. K.S.A. 60-2310

TOOLS OF YOUR TRADE
The ooks, furniture, tools, and supplies used in your trade or profession or business are exempt up to $7,500 in value. K.S.A. 60-2304

18 Comments to What Are Bankruptcy Exemptions?:

Comments RSS
JANOVEN on Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:10 AM
This is to inform the public that janoven personal loan lenders is the financial opportunity to those who need financial assistance. We provide 4% interest rate loan to individuals, firms and corporations subject to the conditions are clear and easy to understand. contact us today by email at: janovenomerr@gmail.com

assignment help melbourne on Monday, April 23, 2018 9:14 AM
i like this but still looking for some essay writing help people recommend me some sources and links where such help by professionals can be taken.

Sonia Wilfred on Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:20 PM
If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Gilbert Aburimen on company email: (gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com) Hello everyone, i am Sonia Wilfred, from Houston Texas, Usa. I am so glad coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Gilbert Aburimen. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by some fake loan lenders i found on the internet. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but no one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Gilbert Aburimen assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email (gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com), then i received a mail from them with the company instructions and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the complete loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing all my debts and have also started a business to take care of myself and family. I know there are still many good lenders but i would advise you out there looking for urgent reliable loan lender to contact Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services, his caring and understanding. don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also or want funding for your projects, So feel free to contact Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services today. his email address is ( gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com )

real estate lawyer Houston on Sunday, April 29, 2018 7:18 AM
My office serves the greater Houston metropolitan area, including Harris, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Brazoria, Montgomery, Liberty, Waller, Chambers, and Austin counties, and is located at 6575 West Loop South, Suite 250, Bellaire, Texas 77401.

Frank Gold on Monday, April 30, 2018 5:44 AM
Do you need a legit loan? if yes then get back to us with loan amount and loan duration via softfinanceassociates@gmail.com

petterson on Monday, April 30, 2018 12:50 PM
Oh wow what a lovely post,this is why I loved visiting your blog. Thanks for all the work that you put into your blog and do keep it up.

Illiana Foley on Monday, April 30, 2018 3:34 PM
Regular job.

Wendy Ryan on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 5:35 PM
I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM UPSTOX FUNDING INC.{ upstoxfunding@yahoo.com } I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Upstoxfunding INC after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about: ( upstoxfunding@yahoo.com ) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of Upstoxfunding at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text (302) 273-5794.That day was the best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $124,000Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: upstoxfunding@yahoo.com OR call or text their helpline: (302) 273-5794. Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Wendy Ryan from Arizona, United States.

essayontime on Wednesday, May 02, 2018 4:01 PM
Now I know something about them at least. I don't know how I will use this information.

Sharon on Friday, May 04, 2018 3:13 AM
Do you need a loan to buy a house or start up a business or for personal reasons? Then kindly Email: gtloans48@gmail.com Company Mobile number: text 1 (716)-296-4231. I am recommending GT LOANS 48 to everyone who is interested in getting a business loan today, because i got a business loan from and for this i am forever grateful to them, because i have been denied a loan by many companies but when i a friend of my introduce me to them it was very simple after going through there procedure. so i am using this medium to fulfill my promise to them. kindly contact them today via email: gtloans48@gmail.com Company Mobile number: text 1 (716)-296-4231. website page: gtbusinessloan.com

wood gate credit on Saturday, May 05, 2018 6:43 AM
Do you need a loan. We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lender. We are a company with financial assistance. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest on business. I want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable beneficiary assistance as We'll be glad to offer you a loan. Please contact us directly on via: woodgatecredit@outlook.com

Richard on Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:33 PM
I am Richard William i saw comments from people who already got their loan from a God fearing woman called Mary Pery and then I decided to apply under their recommendations and just few hours ago I confirmed in my own personal bank account a total amount which I requested for. This is really a great news and I am advising everyone who needs real loan to apply through their email (marryperyloanhome@gmail.com) I am happy now that i have gotten the loan I requested.

Rogers Gary on Monday, May 14, 2018 4:36 AM
Dear Customer,Welcome to Rogers Gary Loan Firm,is on a mission to provide access to financing for those without good credit. “Most of our competitors have started to deny anyone below a 660-680 [credit score], running up the credit rankings,” said Mark steve, RogersGaryLoanFirm's CMO. “We’ve started trying to provide access to more — the way down to a 290 [credit score].” we in conjuction with other goverment approved financial institutions give out loans with 2% interest rate.. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.we have been giving loans of various amounts ranging from $5000-$530000000 out to different customers from different countries since 2001. so What are your Financial needs? Do you need a business loan? Do you need a personal loan? Do you want to buy a car? Do you want to refinance? Do you need a mortgage loan? Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us today via email: RogersGaryLoanFirm@financier.com

mrhami on Monday, May 14, 2018 11:49 PM
because a trial will convince you.we have been giving

Heidi Steward on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:36 AM
How I was able to buy my own house. My name is Heidi Steward, from Windsor, Ontario Canada, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to JENNARD INVESTMENTS LIMITED for helping me with a loan of $73,000, to purchase a house of my own with a low interest rate of 3%, on the 14th of May 2018 after being turned down by my bank and other financial agencies I visited. I also want to reach out to the general public as I recommend everyone out there in need of financial assistance to contact this company in other not to fall into the wrong hands while searching of a liable loan via email address: jennardinvestmentslimited@outlook.com and contact number: +1(484)292-4513.

leedomhelmets on Friday, May 18, 2018 2:16 AM
This is a decent story which is clarified in this article in the state of data about the diverse characters. These characters are extremely useful to make article composing on this story in which we can discover bunches of good lessons. Such stories are anything but difficult to discover on web through which we can learn lessons and information.

Federigo Ottaviano on Friday, June 01, 2018 12:32 AM
Greetings Tre C Srlus Financial Services is a full financial service organisation with a focus on business consulting, financial planning and investment services. And our comprehensive financial services firm committed to helping our clients improve their long-term financial success. Our customised programs are designed to help grow, protect, and conserve our clients’ wealth by delivering a superior level of personalised service. We offer bespoke solutions in both long- and short term financing, development financing and investment structuring. We optimize your project through financial modeling on a-case-by-case basis. You make decisions based on a reliable foundation. We have an ongoing program that suits all kind of loan like; -Real Estate -Debt Consolidation -Commercial Loan -Residential Loan -Mortgage Loan -Personal Loan -Business Loan -Hospital Loan -Farm loan -Car Loan e.t.c To more about Lending Program then we encourage you to contact us and learn more about the loans service we offered. If you have any questions or want more information about our company, please feel free to email us federigoottaviano@gmail.com OR Vist Us at Website: www.trecsrlservizifinanziari.com

Ford Richard on Friday, June 01, 2018 9:31 PM
With over 10 years of experience helping people acquire, recover and stay in their homes and expand/start their business. We help new entrepreneur and smart business owners to grow with adequate finance. Ford Credit Centre offers business loans to help you grow your business. We give out all kind of loan like Educational loan, Business loan, home loan, Agricultural loan, Personal loan, auto loan and other good Reason, I also give out loans from the rang of $5,000USD- $5,000,000USD at a 3% interest rate. Duration of 1- 15 years depending on the amount you need as loan. Get back to us for more information WhatsApp:+1 404 400 4210 www.fordcreditcentre.com info@fordcreditcentre.com fordcreditcentre@gmail.com