FRANK D. TAFF, J.D., Attorney at Law - 3601 SW 29th Street, Topeka, Kansas 66614
My Blog

But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7

Bankruptcy will not wipe out prior recorded tax liens.  A Chapter 7 bankruptcy will wipe out your personal obligation to pay the debt, and prevent the IRS from going after your bank account or wages, but if the IRS recorded a tax lien on your property before you file for bankruptcy, the lien will remain on the property.  In effect, this means you'll have to pay off the tax lien in order to sell the property.  Of course, if you rent and own no real estate, a federal tax lien may not be a concern.

14 Comments to But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7:

Comments RSS
breitling replica on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:02 AM
Thanks for your nice articles. I like it very much.

Ford IDS VCM on Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:48 AM
We are proud of the achievements of the Fifth Generation BMW 3 Series and look forward to incorporate all the lessons from its remarkable journey into the soon to be introduced

buy property in dubai on Monday, October 07, 2013 1:41 PM
The student lettings market can be a daunting and stressful place for students that may not have the rental know-how to distinguish between good and bad properties.

Longines Replica on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:38 AM
I am very enjoyed for this side. Its a nice topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you.

Cash on Car Title North Myrtle Beach on Monday, February 10, 2014 8:46 AM
Its so good to read about something like this. Really an awesome article to read about. Nice blog.

Title Loans Raleigh on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:30 AM
Have a nice read dude. I've found this allocation totally educative value due to Tax issue. I think every reader will get lot of valuable information about tax from here.

IRS Tax resolution services Orange County on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:36 AM
I would like to thank But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7 you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me

bridal gowns on Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:02 AM
He who demands does not command - Italian Proverb

strona internetowa on Sunday, December 07, 2014 9:23 AM
Consider the number of choices regarding as well as putting together fences original model good looking tutorial around virtually any domain, this includes lighting

Chandra Ambleside on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:03 PM
Inspiring website, you have some informative material for your readers to look at. I was sitting here in my garden in Ambleside relishing your blog on the laptop. Good luck with it, thank you so much, from Mr and Mrs Ambleside.

fashiongames on Saturday, January 10, 2015 11:01 AM
The big surprise was Mashaba's decision to leave Ajax midfielder Thulani Serero out of his final 23.

Intraday Stock Tips on Monday, September 28, 2015 7:36 AM
Bankruptcy will not wipe out prior recorded tax liens. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy will wipe out your personal obligation to pay the debt,What a commendable work you have done, with simplest of language. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me.......

Free Stock Market Tips on Friday, November 06, 2015 1:51 AM
Federal tax chapter its a great service solution in the market to stop the full tax paying and makes some shortage to save the tax.

rolex replica on Monday, August 07, 2017 1:35 AM