FRANK D. TAFF, J.D., Attorney at Law - 3601 SW 29th Street, Topeka, Kansas 66614
My Blog

But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7

Bankruptcy will not wipe out prior recorded tax liens.  A Chapter 7 bankruptcy will wipe out your personal obligation to pay the debt, and prevent the IRS from going after your bank account or wages, but if the IRS recorded a tax lien on your property before you file for bankruptcy, the lien will remain on the property.  In effect, this means you'll have to pay off the tax lien in order to sell the property.  Of course, if you rent and own no real estate, a federal tax lien may not be a concern.

27 Comments to But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7:

Comments RSS
breitling replica on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:02 AM
Thanks for your nice articles. I like it very much.

Ford IDS VCM on Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:48 AM
We are proud of the achievements of the Fifth Generation BMW 3 Series and look forward to incorporate all the lessons from its remarkable journey into the soon to be introduced

buy property in dubai on Monday, October 07, 2013 1:41 PM
The student lettings market can be a daunting and stressful place for students that may not have the rental know-how to distinguish between good and bad properties.

Longines Replica on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:38 AM
I am very enjoyed for this side. Its a nice topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you.

Cash on Car Title North Myrtle Beach on Monday, February 10, 2014 8:46 AM
Its so good to read about something like this. Really an awesome article to read about. Nice blog.

Title Loans Raleigh on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:30 AM
Have a nice read dude. I've found this allocation totally educative value due to Tax issue. I think every reader will get lot of valuable information about tax from here.

IRS Tax resolution services Orange County on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:36 AM
I would like to thank But, You Can't Discharge a Federal Tax Lien in Chapter 7 you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me

bridal gowns on Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:02 AM
He who demands does not command - Italian Proverb

strona internetowa on Sunday, December 07, 2014 9:23 AM
Consider the number of choices regarding as well as putting together fences original model good looking tutorial around virtually any domain, this includes lighting

Chandra Ambleside on Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:03 PM
Inspiring website, you have some informative material for your readers to look at. I was sitting here in my garden in Ambleside relishing your blog on the laptop. Good luck with it, thank you so much, from Mr and Mrs Ambleside.

fashiongames on Saturday, January 10, 2015 11:01 AM
The big surprise was Mashaba's decision to leave Ajax midfielder Thulani Serero out of his final 23.

Intraday Stock Tips on Monday, September 28, 2015 7:36 AM
Bankruptcy will not wipe out prior recorded tax liens. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy will wipe out your personal obligation to pay the debt,What a commendable work you have done, with simplest of language. I can’t resist myself to leave a comment and trust me it’s hard to impress me.......

Free Stock Market Tips on Friday, November 06, 2015 1:51 AM
Federal tax chapter its a great service solution in the market to stop the full tax paying and makes some shortage to save the tax.

rolex replica on Monday, August 07, 2017 1:35 AM

online MBA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:28 AM
I really like it this kind of information..........Great blog post and really helpful...... and your blog are very interesting and inspiring. MBA online

Sr. Larry Frank on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:12 PM
Hola, Obtuve mi préstamo del Sr. Larry Frank si está interesado, contáctelo al @ frankworld.4563@gmail.com Cantidad del préstamo necesaria: Duración del préstamo: Número de teléfono: País propósito del préstamo: CORREO ELECTRÓNICO: frankworld.4563@gmail.com Sr. Larry Frank

sam on Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:27 AM
So nice post I visit first time on this page I really excited to read your post, thanks for nice sharing I am also sharing this post on my friends.invoice forms scope

Sonia Wilfred on Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:22 PM
If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Gilbert Aburimen on company email: (gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com) Hello everyone, i am Sonia Wilfred, from Houston Texas, Usa. I am so glad coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Gilbert Aburimen. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by some fake loan lenders i found on the internet. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but no one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Gilbert Aburimen assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email (gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com), then i received a mail from them with the company instructions and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the complete loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing all my debts and have also started a business to take care of myself and family. I know there are still many good lenders but i would advise you out there looking for urgent reliable loan lender to contact Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services, his caring and understanding. don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan also or want funding for your projects, So feel free to contact Gilbert Aburimen World Loans Financial Services today. his email address is ( gilbertaburimenworldloans@yahoo.com )

Frank Gold on Monday, April 30, 2018 5:42 AM
Do you need a legit loan? if yes then get back to us with loan amount and loan duration via softfinanceassociates@gmail.com

Wendy Ryan on Tuesday, May 01, 2018 5:39 PM
I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM UPSTOX FUNDING INC.{ upstoxfunding@yahoo.com } I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with Upstoxfunding INC after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about: ( upstoxfunding@yahoo.com ) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of Upstoxfunding at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text (302) 273-5794.That day was the best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $124,000Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: upstoxfunding@yahoo.com OR call or text their helpline: (302) 273-5794. Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Wendy Ryan from Arizona, United States.

Brains White on Saturday, May 12, 2018 1:55 AM
Good Day Dear Loan Seeker, We are Christian Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help. So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email:lugardroseloanfirm@outlook.com for the bible says""Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened". So do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more. Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People. If you are interested contact us via: lugardroseloanfirm@outlook.com

Jeff Moore on Sunday, May 13, 2018 3:19 PM
Elijah Capitals and Mortgages Limited® has very helpful staff who have helped me out of a financial crisis. They take the time to carefully explain the procedures in obtaining the loan and go through solutions to resolve any financial issues you might have. Special mention to the stall namely Ms Tracy and Mr Steven who i think are very meticulous in their work and deserve special mention. Kudos and keep up the good work. People might come in with worries and problems but trying them out definitely helped solve my problems, and you can reach them at elijahcapitals@gmail.com

Heidi Steward on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:28 AM
How I was able to buy my own house. My name is Heidi Steward, from Windsor, Ontario Canada, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to JENNARD INVESTMENTS LIMITED for helping me with a loan of $73,000, to purchase a house of my own with a low interest rate of 3%, on the 14th of May 2018 after being turned down by my bank and other financial agencies I visited. I also want to reach out to the general public as I recommend everyone out there in need of financial assistance to contact this company in other not to fall into the wrong hands while searching of a liable loan via email address: jennardinvestmentslimited@outlook.com and contact number: +1(484)292-4513.

write my paper for cheap on Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:59 PM
I liked the idea of making an investment in her future. By the time she can withdraw from her IRA my small deposit will have accrued quite a bit of interest.

Brandie Troutman on Thursday, May 31, 2018 6:18 AM
5 EASY WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE IN 2018! ** MAKE $100 PER DAY ** In this video, i'm gonna show you 5 easy ways you can get started your business online today. Check out the video ==> https://forms.aweber.com/form/68/1662611268.htm

Marja Holm on Thursday, May 31, 2018 11:13 AM
Check here: http://bit.ly/2LEexP9

Ford Richard on Friday, June 01, 2018 9:32 PM
With over 10 years of experience helping people acquire, recover and stay in their homes and expand/start their business. We help new entrepreneur and smart business owners to grow with adequate finance. Ford Credit Centre offers business loans to help you grow your business. We give out all kind of loan like Educational loan, Business loan, home loan, Agricultural loan, Personal loan, auto loan and other good Reason, I also give out loans from the rang of $5,000USD- $5,000,000USD at a 3% interest rate. Duration of 1- 15 years depending on the amount you need as loan. Get back to us for more information WhatsApp:+1 404 400 4210 www.fordcreditcentre.com info@fordcreditcentre.com fordcreditcentre@gmail.com